My passion...shared!

My passion...shared!
Triathletes...We're gifted in a little bit of everything! (Jealous?)

Monday, October 29, 2012

Re-Play

So the first National broadcast of the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii was on NBC on Saturday afternoon.  I say re-play because if you're a bit of a tri-junkie, you had seen much of it happen live while watching the live feed from Ironman.com.  Seeing it in the broadcast, with commentary and age group profiles is a must see for me.  I spoke with my parents on my usual weekend call in and my Mom even watched it.  God Bless her, she is 81 and still is hip to the triathlon stuff happenings.  Gotta love when the 'rents' support ya, even if she is baffled by what you have to do!  Thanks Mom
I have to say, if you are ever in need of inspiration, just tape one of those episodes, from any Ironman program and it will get you motivated.  I swear I feel like I could run 100 miles after watching that.  I get all fired up and gives me the 'goose bumps' all at the same time.  I guess that's why I know even now, after all these years after being introduced to the sport that I can't let it go, or it won't let go of me.  Either one, I don't mind. 
So I started a new training program this week.  I have trained on my own for a long, long time.  I would love to have a personal 'coach' but I have the next best thing, in that my coach comes in a book.  I am using Ben Greenfield's 'Tri-Ripped' program.  It's 8 months long and covers all three disciplines along with additional weight workouts.  Since it is 'Fall' in Colorado, technically, but 'Winter'ish' on some days, indoor training on some days is necessary.  Running or biking in a snowstorm is not that practical or advised so working out on my bike trainer and getting on the treadmill will be necessary to keep up the workouts in the winter months coming up.  I have to say that the workouts for most days,  involve all three disciplines and the circuit training, which is more than I used to do.  I was doing more of the 'two a days' with weights mixed in there a few plus times a week so it's more work but I am planning on it paying off.  Thus far, I am not too sore, but I'm sure it just hasn't kicked in yet.  I am just hoping I start to sleep better now that I am working my butt off more during the day.  Here's hoping to more 'dream filled nights'.  Happy training to all and to all a good night.  Santa's coming, couldn't resist.  Until tomorrow... a little inspiration!
Triathleta

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your Greatest Inspiration? What keeps you moving forward? To Pay it Forward? To stay healthy? Share your Passion? Make your mark on the Sport of Triathlon?