My passion...shared!

My passion...shared!
Triathletes...We're gifted in a little bit of everything! (Jealous?)

Monday, February 11, 2013

Saturday 'Fun' Training (sort of)

So today was the Cupid's Undies Run all over the country.  We had a great turnout in Denver and there were lots of people dressed up in cool, Valentine undies.  A local bar, Stoney's Bar and Grill hosted the event for all the participants.  They gave one free Chocolate shot which I took to get warm because it started to snow about 2 minutes before the run.  But with a nice warm scarf, I somehow stayed warm even though I was running in my Underware!!  Of course, I couldn't resist the opportunity to give a shameless plug for my triathlon website, so I creatively painted in glitter, on the backside of my undies, Triathleta.com.  I wasn't the only one who had that idea either.  A guy had his website temporarily tatoo'd on his back.  Great, entrepreneurial minds think alike.  ;-)

It was only a short run, through parts of downtown Denver and between the Library and the Museum, where tons of people decided to come outside and see these crazy kids running around in their undie's.  Little did they know that we were actually doing it for 'the Kids'.  The run was to support the Children's Tumor Foundation and there was quite a bit of money raised, so it was worth being a bit chilly for a little while.  Anything for the munchkins!

So my Sat. triathlon training workout consisted of a 90 minute bike ride with a mile or so fun run.  Not a true 'tri' workout, it was more of a fun 'tri' workout.  I got my good sweat in before the run so I did something productive and I needed to give my legs a little bit of a break anyway, cuz I ran alot this week!   Back to the full run workouts tomorrow and some more glute work too.  Getting a bird's eye view of my bootie made me think I need to work the glutes more!  I know gravity is a B*^ch and not running consistently for the last few years has taken it's tole on the legs, so will get to more of that in months ahead.  Who gets a birds eye view of their caboose anyway??  Guess if I had a trainer lookn' at me all the time, but then again, who needs that.  I have my coach in a book for the moment and that works.  Spot reduction is a myth anyway, the more I work on the whole the more the parts and pieces will come together!  Right??  I hope so...

So if you did a Cupid's Undie Run in your city, I hope you had as much fun as I did, stayed somewhat warm and enjoyed the day with friends.  I did the race on my own because my friends either bailed at the last minute or are too out of shape to feel comfortable running a mile in their skivvies.  Oh well, their loss.  It was fun and when it's this hilarious, no one is looking to criticize if your body is not perfect.  Who's is anyway???

Well since I started this blog, I have been told that I need to make sure I make it 'personal'.  People like to know that the person who is writing is 'real', not some virtual assistant in some other country.  So here it is...me in the flesh, literally.  I'm real, I'm a triathlete just like you working on ways to stay involved, stay in shape, get faster on the swim, bike and run and sometimes, just running for the fun of it, which is half the reason I do triathlons anyway.  I love it. Training is fun to me, it's not work.  And if the side effects happen to be that you look better running around in your undies then I'll take it.  I don't live by the ocean anymore, so this is the next best thing to running on the beach in your bikini!  Running through the streets of Denver!  A mile above sea level.

For a look at all the folks in the Denver Cupid's Undie Run check out the link below, a good laugh if nothing else.
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22557257/cupids-undie-run-hundreds-run-underwear-raise-charity

Caroline / Triathleta

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your Greatest Inspiration? What keeps you moving forward? To Pay it Forward? To stay healthy? Share your Passion? Make your mark on the Sport of Triathlon?